Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ollie's Laugh

One of my favorite things is to hear my boys laugh.  When Aiden was a baby, he laughed all the time.  It was so easy to get him going, and it was a LOT of fun. 

Ollie had a rough first 5 months.  He was a colicky baby and most of our time was devoted to simply keeping him from crying rather than trying to make him laugh.  Over the past 2 months things have changed drastically, but the one person that can make him laugh on a dime, is Aiden.  One afternoon when Aiden was napping I sat on the bed with Ollie and for two SOLID hours...I tried to make him laugh.  He smiled a lot, and cooed often, but there were no laughs.  When Aiden finally woke up I asked him to go talk to Ollie, who immediately started cackling.  We're finally getting more pictures of Ollie smiling and don't worry so much anymore about meltdowns.   









There is nothing that makes my heart melt more than to see Aiden try and make Ollie giggle.  And there is nothing else in the world that makes Ollie happier than seeing Aiden.  Just looking at him across the room, he starts to smile.  Seeing both of them together, and watching them interact is by far the most rewarding thing I have experienced as a parent.  I cannot wait for Ollie to be old enough to really play with Aiden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment